Sunday, March 8, 2009

Exercise Excuse Buster

A few weeks ago one of my clients comes to me
and says I want to get in better shape.

Right the word ‘want’ always raises ‘red flags’
for me.

Anyway I listen as they proceed to tell
me

‘I really want to get fit, but I don’t
want exercise to run my life’


After scratching my head for a few
seconds I had a couple follow up
question for them.

Is exercise good for you?
Yes
No


Do you feel like you need to exercise
more in order to get in the shape you want?
Yes
No

99.9% of the time the answers those 2
questions is, Yes.

So the follow-up is why not exercise more?

Because they are clinging to this big fat
excuse sandwich of a statement:

‘I really want to get fit, but I don’t
want exercise to run my life’



Get Your Free In Home Training Session

There are 3 areas we always need to
remember when taking a look
at this problem.

#1 What specifically do you want and, NO
--- lose weight
--- feel better
--- get healthier
--- not feel old

These are NOT specific they are canned BS
‘right’ answers. That no one really gives
hoot about.

The type of answer that needs to be is:

I a ready to drop the 20lbs of fat from my
belly/butt,etc.., so I don’t feel like a
slob, don't have achy joints, so that I feel
and move more like I am 33 than 53 and
I am willing to do what ever it takes to make
that happen by 1 June 2009

Now that is a ‘specific want’

#2 My colleague Gregg Swanson has 5 simple questions
that he asks all clients before they work with him; they are
simple questions and really have only 1 answer.

Here’s Question #1

1. I am ready to do whatever it takes to reach my goals? Yes No

Think about that for a second, say it out loud, even write it down
on paper.

So what’s your answer?

#3 Ok, most people need to add more exercise
to their routine.

But how much to add and how to add it are
the 2 biggest questions.

Well let’s breakout the calculators and do some quick
math.

We all have 168 hours in the week available

We have 2 guaranteed time usages:

Minus work 9hrs x 5 days = 45 hrs (most work more than this)

Minus sleep 8hrs x 7 days = 56hrs (most sleep less than this)

These 2 even out in the end which leaves us with 67 hrs or 9.6 hrs per day
on avg that we can commit to ‘doing whatever it takes’.

So you have some family time excellent, some commute time,

you shop for food, house/yard work, and you have a hobby.

Let’s say you commit equally to these 5 activities of 8 hours

each that 40 hrs and we are left with 27 hours.

Where does the rest of that time go?

I beg to bet that a very large chunk of that 27 hrs
goes toward TV watching

How much time do you need to be fit?
Recieve Your Free Home Workout


Well it’s quite simple because it has been researched;
and someone who is consider fit exercises 5 hrs per week.

So where does that leave us, we need approximately 1/5

of the total 27 hr left to achieve ‘fitness’

‘doing whatever it takes’ doesn’t seem so bad when
you break it down that way.

Get Your Free Home Workout Trial

Subtract the exercise time and you'll still have
22 hours almost a whole day to do
with whatever you want.

Get a Fat Loss Nutritin Program Designed

by a Woman For Women



Troy M Anderson
Personal Trainer, AZ

No comments: