Monday, August 18, 2008

How Jackalopes Are Stalling Your Results


For those of you who don't know what jackalope is bear with me and I will give you a link to go see, in a second.

First let me tell you what it is, a jackalope is a mythical creature that looks like a cross between a rabbit and a deer it was obviously conceived by some poor SOB who had a bit too much cabin fever one winter.

None the less this mythical creature is alive and well in many small little western tourist trap towns like Wall Drug, SD.

On my recent mini-working vacation I ran into jackalope and decided get my picture taken on it.

Just for sheer comic relief.

The only thing I could think of while sitting on that thing was,
‘man thousands of little bunnies must have given their lives to create this beast’.

Click Here to See a 'Real Live Jackalope'

What does a 'stupid' jackalope have to do with your fitness or fat loss success?

A lot more than you think, try as I might abolish all fitness myths they still exist.

I just ran into another the other day, let’s take a look and see if I can help you from being 'afflicted by jackalopes'

Myth #1 - 'I just want to maintain my results'

Response - No such thing you are either going forward or backward, this applies to any area of life not just fitness. Sure you may be able to maintain a 'particular body weight for a period'

This type of maintenance may well be the worst kind because it means that your 'regression' is unnoticeable on a daily or weekly basis and before you know it you’ll be left saying 'I don't know where this extra 20lbs came from'

Let me use another example that maintenance is a myth. If you park you vehicle in a parking lot and instead putting it park you leave it neutral what will happen?

It will generally slowly one direction or another.

In theory if we put the vehicle in neutral/maintenance it should stay put but it doesn't.



This doesn't mean that you are always going to be trying to achieve massive weight loss or fat loss goals; there are plenty of other relevant areas to work towards making progress with fat loss or fitness.

You Could Work on Simply Things:







  • Getting More Sleep


  • Doing Some Restorative Exercise


  • Getting a Massage


  • Eating More Vegetables


  • Exercising an Extra day


  • Doing some Strength Training

    What you can't do is jump on your jackalope and 'take a break' because the only direction that the jackalope will take you is back to where you started.

    Enjoy!


Troy M Anderson



Tempe Fitness Boot Camp

No comments: