Monday, August 18, 2008

How Far Would You Walk for Desert

As you know I was just home a week or so ago and as most people do they tend to 'relax' their nutritional standards to some degree.

Well I was in one of my 'relaxed' modes as I was about to walk out to my parents freezer and get myself a serving of a frozen lemon desert that my mom makes, very tasty not great for the physique though.

I had to walk out of the house to the freezer in my dad's shop to get this desert.



Funny thing is even this short distance less than 20 yds round trip made me contemplate the value of going a getting that desert.

Of course I went anyway but I found it very interesting. That even that short distance was enough to make me pause and contemplate the value of getting that desert.

How does this apply to you and your results?

Simple, if you have 'deserts' in your home, i.e. cake, ice cream, cookies, etc.... make them difficult to get to. So you actually have to think about getting it; I would bet it will dramatically reduce you likelihood of going and getting it.

Especially if you are consciously working on fat loss goals:

Doing things like:


- putting ice cream in the freezer in your garage (actually you can probably put just about any
kind of sweet in the freezer)


- Not in the freezer how about a high shelf out of sight in the pantry


- Maybe in the back of the refrigerator again out of sight.

These are just a couple tactical places you can 'stash' things to keep yourself on the straight and narrow.

While ideally you shouldn't have this stuff in your home; there will be times that it is and this is one way to manage it without sabotaging yourself.

Enjoy



Troy M Anderson



Tempe Fitness Boot Camp

No comments: