Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's You Excuse

Sometimes we all need a little shot of inspiration; a few weeks back I ran into a very cool instance while I was out at my local track on a Sunday afternoon.

I was about 2/3rd of the way through my kettlebell and running work out when these two older gentlemen came walking up.

I happened to be transitioning between drills and they seemed to want to ask about the kettlebell. So we started to talk.

Turns out one the one older fellow was coming out to practice his shot-put throwing.

This may same insignificant until I tell you that he was 76 years old, and had just taken up the sport of masters’ track and field 3 years prior.

I am always interested in what gets people to exercise so I asked him.

He told me, "I just figured there was something more I could do".

Pretty damn inspiring in my book.

Sure he wasn't in Jack LaLane shape by any means but he was pretty fit for his age(much more so than his buddy) and here he was out practicing/exercising on a Sunday afternoon.

What's Your Excuse Again?

Just in case still want to rationalize yourself out of exercising.

Take a couple minutes and watch the video below.





If that didn't inspire you to get off your ass, then you are a lost cause.

Enjoy!

Troy M Anderson

Tempe, AZ Fitness Boot Camp

1 comment:

Pat said...

Troy, great video clip. I'm out of excuses!