Monday, February 2, 2009

What Are You So Scared of?

Quote of the Day: The only joy in the world is to begin.
Cesare Pavese (1908 - 1950)

One of my favorite things in the world to do is tell
stories, most of the time I prefer funny stories, more
specifically self-depreciating funny stories.

I spent Saturday hangout at my buddy Josh Henkin’s
facility, he was co-presenting a seminar with kettlebell
guru Kenneth Jay, very good seminar.

Anyway besides Josh my friend Kathy Martinez was
there and every time they see me they expect
me to tell them a story. I went to lunch with the seminar
participants and would have shared unfortunately
I didn’t have a great story I could share at that very moment.

One of the biggest fears many people have is speaking
in front of those that they don’t know.

This is a huge fear.

Even though most people aren’t paying any attention to anything
anyone else is doing.



To that point I could probably go out on the busy
street outside my studio and walk down the sidewalk buck-naked
with hundreds of cars zooming by and I bet only a very small
percentage would even notice me.

So, What are you sooo scared of?

Recently I have heard that there some mystery readers out
there are scared of making a fool of themselves at my
Exercise Contest so they are not even going to sign up.

Sounds like they could be one of two things:

Arrogant that if they were to sign-up they would expect to
win the contest


Chicken Little too scared to try something that they have never done
before, because someone might be watching.

Either way both are pretty poor excuses for not entering the Exercise
Contest
, especially now!

Since a man with bad knees and old
enough to collect retirement has slammed down the gauntlet.

He became the first person to put down his money and
officially sign-up to take on the exercise contest.

Yep, I hope that gets under your skin a little, and makes you think about
what you could or should do.

Is ‘Being scared to make a fool of yourself’ really just an excuse?

Just a little food for thought, it takes a brave person to be the first
to step up and put their money down for a contest. Guess he’s made

yours a choice of two decisions either to be brave or to be scared.

Your choice.


This week’s challenge


Push-up Ladder – 3 sets x 1,2,3,4,5

**If you are experienced with push-ups already make your
final rep format in the above instance (5) ½ of the reps that you
can do non-stop, and then apply the same descending ladder principle


Run/Jog – 1 mile non-stop
**Warm-up and then try to keep a quick of pace as
will allow you to complete the course without stopping

For those of you who will be virtual participants, living
in a cold environment feel free to participate by
running on the treadmill if you would like.

This challenge can be performed 1-3 times per week.

Below is the exercise demo on how the Push-up event will be
graded/scored at the Exercise Contest






Looking for a Long Term Fat Loss Plan

Troy M Anderson

Arizona Personal Trainer

PS -- By the way, trust me no one is watching

No comments: