Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last week I wrapped up a month of free fitness classes.

I had 2 different sections of class

- Intermediate Class

and

- Beginner Class

I have quite a bit of diversity in both sections of class. People that range from early 20's to their 50's and all places in between. All working equally hard along side each other.

Here's a little story for you.

In the Monday Intermediate class, we were doing some squat thrust, a nice little bodyweight drill, and one of my old school female clients (actually she may well be my 1st client ever here in AZ) was smoking the this young gal that is like less than 1/2 her age.

Of course any good coach doesn't let this type of effort go unnoticed on both accounts

1. the old time client kicking butt

2. the young up and comer needing to kick it up a notch

Well, long story short the young up and comer didn't engage the brain before opening the mouth and with out getting vulgar here I will use some latin as the old timer did as she was having a good laugh that night.

She called me a: gluteus coitus

While shocking I didn't really think much of it and again as most coaches wouldn't, I didn't take it personal at all.

Then came my Tuesday workout, during my workout I got thinking I ought to come up with a special workout for the group for their last 'free' workout on Wednesday and to let them know that I hadn't forgotten Monday.

While I am not a big Crossfit guy I have stolen a page out their book because I know have a class workout with a female name.

So from now on out the following will now be refered to as: Cassidy





  • Plank - 90 secondsWeighted Wall Sit - 90 seconds ( hold ing 12kg Kettlebell)



  • Jumping Jacks 100



  • Kettlebell 2-Hand Clean+Squat - 5x5 + Lo-Push hold descending Pyramid 15sec to 11 sec after each KB set



  • 2-Hand KB Swing - 100



  • ABC-U Circuit - 2 full circuits 20 sec per drill done non-stop - plank-push-up hold-mtn climber-squat thrust-push-up hold-plank



  • Full Body Thruster x 15 + Squat Jump x 5 - 2 complete cycles



  • Plank - 90 seconds



  • Weighted Wall Sit - 90 seconds ( hold ing 12kg Kettlebell)


We fit in a couple minutes of water break but this session was completed in right around 30 minutes.



I have to give the young gal credit she sent me a text message a couple days later saying:



'I vote for classes to stay like Wednesday, Yay for soreness'







The moral of the story is this: there are three rules at Anderson Training Systems






1. I don't want to ever hear anyone say that words: 'I Can't'



2. Don't Say One thing and Do Another



3. Don't call me names or you will get workout named after you and blog entry written about you.


Enjoy





Troy M Anderson



Arizona Personal Trainer

No comments: