Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's Your Comfort Food

Have you ever had that feeling?

You know the one where it feels like someone/something
just ripped out your stomach and heart.

Spit on them and then proceeded to tap dance them to a pulp.

Yeah, that feeling usually reserved for love struck teenagers.

Well I had it happen to me yesterday. I won't bore you with the details so I will give you a quick run down.

A project that I had put in a good bit of work on got absolutely gutted,from toe to top, and then some.

Some of this 'gutting' was absolutely deserved on my part.

However that did little to squell the shaking, loss of appetite and inability to focus that I was under going,as I was sat there listening real time.


Honestly, for a couple moments I began to seriously question my worth as a professional.


I would have to rate yesterday in top 3 for absolute worst days I have had as professional.


As numerous thoughts began to flash through my head at warp speed.

- Should I go buy some sort chocolate chip cookie and sooth myself.

NO

-Should I go by a nice cold green tea, and kick my adrenline levels even higher then watch/feel them divebomb back to sub-earth.

NO

There was really one thing I could do

-Go Train

Funny thing is I really didn't want to train.

When I got to back to the facility I really felt like
just lying on the floor and staring at the ceiling.

Which I did for a couple minutes

but...

Then I dragged my sorry ass up off the floor
started and warming-up and got into my session.

By the time the session was done 90 minute later
I had worked up a good sweat, had had an above average lift,
mentally I was still a little bit of a mess(still am today actually),
and something else started to take hold.


I call it the: Go 'F' Yourself Attitude, this is the attitude just a little beyond the, Can Do Attitude.


You know the one when people tell you, your stuff sucks or that you'll never be able to do something.

Yeah that attitude.

The one focused in on destroying the hurt.

The one that rings in your ears and gets you out of bed everyday.

That one.

I can still hear it 24 hours later, and if I ever forget it
I can go pull it up off the internet.


There are two morales that I hope you picked out already, just in case you didn't here you go:

1. Food or drink are NOT making it any better. Comfort food is BS and it sucks. Get your butt in the gym instead and don't let your stressor hold you back.

2. The go 'F Yourself Attitude' is very powerful if you channel it and if you let it work for you.


Thanks for the gutting


Let's not end the day on a bad note check out the inspirational video. Best Youtube video I have watched in a long time.







Troy M Anderson

Tempe Fitness Boot Camp

No comments: