Monday, November 24, 2008

Have We Failed At $70 per Month Yet?

So, our update... well, let's just say, $70 a month is TIGHT! I'm happy to report we're on track though. I made it to the Superstition Ranch Market on Saturday but have not yet made it to Fry's this week. We're getting low on eggs and Troy wants chicken so we'll see...


Here's the list from the market this week:


1.16 lbs Bananas

1 Hot House cucumber

1 pint Blackberries

1.79 lbs Granny Smith Apples

2.04 lb zuccini

1.22 tomatoes

.58 lb red onion

1 bunch kale

2 green peppers and 3 orange bell peppers

1 bunch green onion

1 16 oz package sliced mushrooms

1 pint cherry tomatoes

Total: $11.77


We still have 2 full bags of spinach from last week at Albies, 1.5 containers of cottage cheese, loads of beef to finish (of course) and some other misc veggies in the fridge.

Now, this week was a good one. Troy got some "goodies" from a good friend and client including a jar of his favorite salsa from Safeway and some fresh peppers. He also opted to buy a few specialty items out of his $20 allowance. Me? Well, I went out to lunch and paid for the Blockbuster movie on Saturday night.

Running total, hmmm, where do we stand? We have spent $27.18 of our $70 so far. Which leaves me with $42.82 in my little grocery change purse. I will likely head to Fry's using coupons and either my $5 off $20 or $6 off $30 Fresh & Easy coupons as well. I'll post later this week with that update.

One of the dishes this week was an egg bake. I used onion left over from last week, bacon from the freezer, 3/4 of a pound of cottage cheese and one dozen eggs plus green pepper and mushrooms to make a tasty egg bake on Sunday. I still have leftovers which I'm eating for breakfasts :)


If you are looking for a way to add some variety and creativity to your 'cleaning eating plan'.

When people get bored with what they are eating is it is an almost sure indicator that there healthy eating plan is about to fail.

If you starting to get bored with your eating plan you might want to check out the Elimination Diet Cookbook


Enjoy


Shelle Anderson, ATS CFO
Arizona Personal Trainer

3 comments:

Margi said...

I'm impressed. Go Shelle!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Troy Anderson said...

Margi,

what i don't get any credit here, I was the one that was 'allegdly' going to fail first.

I guess I will just take you apology in inchworms, LOL

Troy