Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What is a Large??

If you will recall awhile back I wrote an entry pertaining to my purchase of workout clothes .


Well there is one more story that has to come out of that situation.

Since the workout gear did cost me $25 I kind of thought I might get to use it again.




Except there was one problem, the shorts were a size large.

I realized that this was a problem the day that I bought them, but I wasn't about to go back and get another size.

This might seem like a kind of weird post until I tell you that the day that I bought those shorts I was tipping in at 198lbs, I should have fit into a pair of large shorts, at least that's what I thought at the time.

These shorts would have easily fit someone with 2-4" larger waist so I would say someone that runs between 210-220.

Now I know that I need to buy medium shorts.

What gives?

This just makes me wonder how much of this has to do with American public's, disdain for all things health, fitness and exercise related, which appears to have turned us into a big o'bunch of fat asses.

Evidently the clothing industry is reacting to our apparent need to exisit in this state of denial.

I am also drawn to the conclusion that there must be a bunch of self hating, self-conscious, poor self esteem having 220lb MEN out there that need to be coddled by clothing manufacturers.

Sad.

This is not the only instance of this type thing happening. I have actually had several clients report back similar 'sizing issues'.

All I really have to say is "Hey Mr/Mrs. Clothing Manufacturer you are NOT doing anyone a favor by skewing your sizes. Americans are FAT and they need take ACCOUNTABILITY and ACTION"

If someone need to be putting on an XL or XXXXL size your product approriately you might be just doing them a favor by getting them to take ACTION.

Until Next Time Remember-
Fitness Ain't Pretty, RESULTS Are!



Troy M Anderson

Tempe, AZ Fitness Bootcamp

No comments: